Sign in to follow this  
durial

Gambling Requirements

Many complaints from what I've seen about the new gambling system. Requiring 100Mil to gamble weekdays and 25Mil on weekends. I'm suggesting lowering the 100Mil requirement to 50m, and on the weekends remove the requirement completely.

I for one do not enjoy this update, as I loved dicing. Now no one dices because of the huge minimum requirement. Other people tend to enjoy dueling and what not with less than 100m, but are unable to do. Another problem is not everyone can play weekends.

Please comment below with your thoughts about why this should be changes or not, or what you like or not like about it.

I get why this update was implanted, but the amount required is too steep. If this update is really desired by the community I think if it's not removed it needs to be altered at least.

Edited by Virtus

I know exactly why it was done, but I still disagree with it. In my opinion we shouldn't have a requirement at all, because people will find ways to clean themselves other ways other than through the duel arena/gambling (risk fighting). This only effects the new people who cant instantly clean themselves by simply just staking it. As much of a good idea this may be to prevent new guys instantly leaving, encourages older users to be put off trying to get back to 100m after they have already been cleaned, then making it more likely for them to leave also.

Solid point B, there are always going to be gambling methods, and now people are trying to get around the gambling methods. Another problem is keeping the price guide constantly updated as it's going to be used to keep track of item values for the new system. More hassle for everyone around. 

Babysitting people who can't control how much to gamble will not work. They will find a way to gamble it, and will continue to become cleaned either way.

B said it best, in the past we’ve had problems with new people going getting a few mil chucking it then quitting when they lose, of course people want it the old way... untill they get cleaned then they quit I personally don’t stake I always feel like there’s so much drama around it there’s more to the game then the duel arena ☺️

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

whats the point of restricting gambling, ppl will just save up for 25m /100m and stake it all and quit? 

You got a point.

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

whats the point of restricting gambling, ppl will just save up for 25m /100m and stake it all and quit? 

Untill the new players get 25m/100m they will maybe realise its not worth staking it. That way the server keeps a part of the new players in the game, obviously some ppl will deffo stake it and clean themselves. But also those ppl might rebuild, cuz they saw they could get 25/100m easy. 

17 hours ago, Hovaldo said:

Untill the new players get 25m/100m they will maybe realise its not worth staking it. That way the server keeps a part of the new players in the game, obviously some ppl will deffo stake it and clean themselves. But also those ppl might rebuild, cuz they saw they could get 25/100m easy. 

Hov said it best.

I see positives and negatives on both options to remove or keep it how it is. Most people play private servers to just simply feed there staking/ gambling addiction.

The positive side to having the 100m min to stake, is that even if 1 new person stays because they can’t lose there bank as quickly as on other private servers, then that its self is a big plus moving forward.

The down-side to having it has been pointed out by yourself who simply enjoy staking/ gambling, and maybe more people would leave than stay because of the min requirement which would be a big negative.

an alternative to having the min requirement would probably be to disable the duel arena completely and have it open for certain days/ weekends etc. 

What would you suggest that could be a good alternative?

Edited by Adam

1 hour ago, Adam said:

an alternative to having the min requirement would probably be to disable the duel arena completely and have it open for certain days/ weekends etc. 

What would you suggest that could be a good alternative?

That's the thing there really is no GOOD alternative. There's only a happy medium which I can't seem to find either, kinda where we are sitting right now.

There's options though.

Decrease the min limit on weekdays.

Eliminate the min on weekends.

Change it so there is a MAX bet instead of a min bet. I.E. 100M max during these hours or days, and a larger max during these hours. Setting  a max bet allows people to change their mind after losing, or take them longer to lose everything.

Have people that have over a certain amount of play time gamble as they please.

Have people that have over a certain amount of kills or npc kills to gamble as they please.

Disable duel arena during the weekdays, or during non busy hours during weekdays. During this time people can still host BJ and 55x2. Due to the fact that hosts have an advantage, most will still steer away from this and save their money for a time they can stake or do other gambling.

Edited by durial