Sign in to follow this  
Gerq

rng in pking

Ive been pking for a decent amount of time and one thing i've noticed is the pking system is like 90% rng or at least it is in trying to do something that involves skill

Example: one of my fights my ags hit 2 0s and the persons whip hit 43 twice and a 46, ok thats just one fight but trust me this happens every fight for me and when it goes in my favor i notice it and feel bad for the person i am vsing cause they dont stand a chance.

Same thing for dh, why are people allowed to stay on 60hp and still hit 60-70? thats unfair and makes no sense.

This isn't the duel arena skill should be involved, if i always teleport away from my fights ill barely have any kills or deaths, i just stick around to the end to not get bored.

and the speed of weapons are weird not sure if its just me or this is how its suppose to be, but ags vs dh axe and dh axe hits first, once again not sure if its meant to be like this.

Is this just me or is this happening to any of you?

This is just a discussion about pking, because i see a decent amount of people complaining about this and it happens to me too.

Edited by Gerq

2 hours ago, Gerq said:

Ive been pking for a decent amount of time and one thing i've noticed is the pking system is like 90% rng or at least it is in trying to do something that involves skill

Example: one of my fights my ags hit 2 0s and the persons whip hit 43 twice and a 46, ok thats just one fight but trust me this happens every fight for me and when it goes in my favor i notice it and feel bad for the person i am vsing cause they dont stand a chance.

Same thing for dh, why are people allowed to stay on 60hp and still hit 60-70? thats unfair and makes no sense.

This isn't the duel arena skill should be involved, if i always teleport away from my fights ill barely have any kills or deaths, i just stick around to the end to not get bored.

and the speed of weapons are weird not sure if its just me or this is how its suppose to be, but ags vs dh axe and dh axe hits first, once again not sure if its meant to be like this.

Is this just me or is this happening to any of you?

This is just a discussion about pking, because i see a decent amount of people complaining about this and it happens to me too.

Bro; it's an rng based game.. matter a fact; every game has rng somewhere and, its up to you to add skill into your game. That is what makes games fun bro; seeing how different everyone plays the game. You may be right about some things since it is not official osrs but just simply post in forums like you did and, wait for david. He'll either update the combat or, explain how it works etc.. P.s maybe your bad :*( :P joking and, I love the combat system as it is now; just dh is hard asf to get used too so i agree their.

24 minutes ago, 1tx said:

Bro; it's an rng based game.. matter a fact; every game has rng somewhere and, its up to you to add skill into your game. That is what makes games fun bro; seeing how different everyone plays the game. You may be right about some things since it is not official osrs but just simply post in forums like you did and, wait for david. He'll either update the combat or, explain how it works etc.. P.s maybe your bad :*( :P joking and, I love the combat system as it is now; just dh is hard asf to get used too so i agree their.

5 minutes ago, CHIRAQ MAXIM said:

Dumbass lmfao

I know its rng but its not completely as the owner has to make the stats etc

consistency is my concern 

my ags usually hits a 0 but sometimes a whip hits 20-40 non stop then hits 0s and we both hit 0s

i know this is an issue as its not like this on 07 and im pretty sure the owner wants to make it like 07

go pk on 07 and tell me you and your opponent both hit 0 5x and then spec 0 with ags 2x and then you die to your opponents whip because he kept hitting 40s and you couldn't even out eat it

I know im not bad nor good but if i can't even do a combo because of consistency then there is a problem

Seriously i have been in 150+ fights not 1 person has killed me with a combo or anything like that

Im sorry but something is wrong, shit my friends wont even play because we were pking and i killed them because we had same gear and they couldn't hit shit for 3 fights and i could, that should explain a lot.

as stated it is an rng based game and keep in mind its a private server, not the official game so its not going to be perfect, real rs isn't even perfect.

1 hour ago, bio said:

as stated it is an rng based game and keep in mind its a private server, not the official game so its not going to be perfect, real rs isn't even perfect.

That’s no where near my point

you are basically saying “it’s rng so what’s the point”

which makes no no sense because the only thing I’ve noticed is that rng isn’t really in pking 

Combat >

my armour and my opponents armour should be taken into acount 

The weapon used

then the stats these things give

attack of the weapon

Defense of the armour your enemy is wearing

and then you should get a % of if you will hit them the rng kicks in

nope on this server its

ah why not spec 20

Ah why not spec 70

Combat system has no consistency. 

This server might be good for briding nhing but when you go to melee combat it’s dead broken

please keep in mind this is all my opinion on this disccusion 

38 minutes ago, baboboys said:

this is the most stupid shit I read today

And you replied why? Take the 1 post count and leave

11 hours ago, Tiki said:

This hurts my brain.

the people like you give the rsps community a bad name. Its so simple, posted this in the discussion section, talking about the combat system and what do you think to reply with "This hurts my brain.". I never complaint, just opened up a discussion that you clearly don't wanna be involved in, so don't reply if you have nothing to say.

11 hours ago, Absence said:

I don't have the problem but maybe @David can look into it.

This isn't a suggestion, just a discussion on pking but it seems like the players that play runewild are happy with what they have