Sign in to follow this  
elmo

Bring back the wilderness heatmap (rspspk edition)

Hello all,

I don’t know how many of you played rspspk back in the day (David’s old private server) but it used to have a heatmap on the homepage of the forums. I’d basically showed which areas of the wilderness were active thus making it easier to find opponents in the wilderness. I’d like to see this feature make its return since it prevents me and I’m sure many other players from roaming around the wild aimlessly until they encounter other player(s).

Let me know what you think down below
?  

This is what it used to look like back then:

The red spots on the map represent the active places in the wilderness. The redder it is the more players are active in this spot.  

yeah also put their risk right next to them and also give everyone ::teleto (coordinates) ccommand broo. every boss is in wilddy yall r bunch of shitters, this wouldnt make sense at all.

44 minutes ago, kikeslayer89 said:

yeah also put their risk right next to them and also give everyone ::teleto (coordinates) ccommand broo. every boss is in wilddy yall r bunch of shitters, this wouldnt make sense at all.

Erm calm down son it was just a suggestion it's annoying to roam around an empty wild and check every spot. Besides it's a pk server if you don't like getting killed there are plenty non pking servers out there. Lastly don't take this the wrong way but next time try making coherent sentences could barely make up what you were trying to say here. 

This idea was nice but previously on rspspk pretty sure it was only available too respected donar + which would be the equivalent too master + donar now 

24 minutes ago, Heart Attack said:

This idea was nice but previously on rspspk pretty sure it was only available too respected donar + which would be the equivalent too master + donar now 

23 minutes ago, Likanen said:

I support the idea of this but only for respect donators

Could be boys i'm not sure anymore rspspk was a while ago :P 

This sounds like a terrific idea to kill the potential of the server growing. Yes, it is a pk server, but nobody wants to go into the wildy just to get ice barraged from 30 feet away or teleblocked and farcasted.

Theres a significant portion of the server that want to PK normally, just because some people want to PvM to make money it doesnt mean that you should go around and say "its a pk server find a different one if u dont like". That would make it heavily in favor of people that are already geared and are already rich since it would be much more difficult to make money when there's some lowlife tping around specifically to kill people just because he can.

28 minutes ago, betelguese said:

This sounds like a terrific idea to kill the potential of the server growing. Yes, it is a pk server, but nobody wants to go into the wildy just to get ice barraged from 30 feet away or teleblocked and farcasted.

Theres a significant portion of the server that want to PK normally, just because some people want to PvM to make money it doesnt mean that you should go around and say "its a pk server find a different one if u dont like". That would make it heavily in favor of people that are already geared and are already rich since it would be much more difficult to make money when there's some lowlife tping around specifically to kill people just because he can.

For starters people go to active pvm spots regardless of the heatmap or not it would just make it quicker to check without physically walking to these spots (such as vetion or battle mages).
Secondly what do you mean by normal pking gets affected by farcasting and teleblocking? Isn’t this happening regardless even without of the heatmap? It seems from my perspective that you have a problem with the way the combat works and or people that use mage. And to be fair the way you describe people who use mage kind of confirms my theory.

The way I see the heatmap working is to get straight into the action when u log into runewild without having to check every spot in the wilderness to find out where people are hanging out. This may not affect people that enjoy veng pking or pure pking since they mostly hang around edge all the time. However, for people that like nhing or pking in a team finding people can sometimes get very tedious and especially when the player base gets below 100 players which occurs regularly during the day.

The reason this might also be interesting would be to make people visit the forum more often. This may lead to more active users on the forums when people look through the topics. The gap between active users in game and people on the forums is rather big and any bit can help in my opinion.

I think this is a good idea, to show people where people are especially for clan pking and so on, great suggestion.