Sign in to follow this  
elmo

Adding Exp lamps and Donator tokens ?

Hey everyone,

Underneath I have 2 suggestion let me know what you think ?

Exp lamps:

As of recently I have been trying to skill, I’m not much of a skiller but I always kinda wanted to have a max cape. I decided to get to it but after a couple of hours of skilling I already was bored to death and wanted to quit and never return to skilling again.
I think skilling isn’t for me hence to why I don’t play ‘osrs’. I don’t know how many people agree with me on this one, but I’d like to see some form of exp lamps come to the pkp shop.

Donator tokens:

Yesterday I came across a youtube video about another server which used different currencies across the entire game. It used pvm tokens to buy pvm related stuff, pk tokens to buy pk related stuff and so on.
I found this idea very interesting and gave it some thought on how this could be implemented in runewild.

Disclaimer:
I don’t think we should add to many different currencies. I like the idea of bloodmoney. Bringing to many currencies into runewild would make it to custom and/or difficult for potential new players. Players enjoy the simplicity of runewild which is a very good thing!

As many people know being a donator doesn’t give you a whole lot of benefits. That’s why I’d like to introduce donators tokens. These donator tokens would be dropped by only killing monsters in the donator zone. The higher of a donator rank you have the more tokens you receive upon each kill. Higher ranks are also able to enter zones in which they find even better monsters. It also would be nice if these monsters have a very slim chance at dropping rare items which can be found in the donator store. Ofcourse items such as donator credits are excluded. These monsters also have a much lower drop rate for getting these items in comparison with the monster that already drop these items in the current game. An example would be getting a tbow from these monsters compared to vetion. Vetion should always have a higher chance at getting this otherwise it would become a death piece of content. The tokens required from the monsters can be used to buy donator only items, perhaps some of which can be found in the donator store as well.

The server that uses donator tokens, is a completely different server than Runewild. We're using credits here for the donation currency and I like this way more than that.

EXP lamps, although I hate slow XP myself, I'm good with the way this is designed. You have to actually work to get your max cape, rather than use EXP lamps to get through it all without moving a muscle. This way, the perks a max cape have, actually have meaning. We wouldn't want the whole game with a max cape, getting perks like it's nothing now would we,

1 hour ago, Incredible W said:

The server that uses donator tokens, is a completely different server than Runewild. We're using credits here for the donation currency and I like this way more than that.

EXP lamps, although I hate slow XP myself, I'm good with the way this is designed. You have to actually work to get your max cape, rather than use EXP lamps to get through it all without moving a muscle. This way, the perks a max cape have, actually have meaning. We wouldn't want the whole game with a max cape, getting perks like it's nothing now would we,

Fair arguments i'm just a bit bored with skilling and the lack of content for donators just trying to come with some ideas thanks for the feedback. 

I'd take it further since it's a PK server and say let someone buy a max all stats lamp for like 2k credits.

I disagree with both sorry :( especially the second suggestion.

My main reason to that, you stated yourself... Far too custom, and would break the economy imo.

Thanks for taking your time to offer us some suggestions though. Would love for you to write some more if you’ve got any ?

1 hour ago, rayp said:

I'd take it further since it's a PK server and say let someone buy a max all stats lamp for like 2k credits.

I'm not sure if the people who grinded for the cape would be cool with that :$

Just now, Adam said:

I disagree with both sorry :( especially the second suggestion.

My main reason to that, you stated yourself... Far too custom, and would break the economy imo.

Thanks for taking your time to offer us some suggestions though. Would love for you to write some more if you’ve got any ?

Thanks for the feedback adam :) 

I don't like either to be honest mate.
I feel different currencies would add too much custom to the game and I like how it is atm, I don't feel anything is wrong therefore feel no need to add/change anything.
As for the XP lamps, everyone who's got a max cape (including myself) I feel would not like the fact you could pretty much buy max stats. I enjoy the XP rates and not that it takes 'skill' to max but I quite like the grind and that you actually have to put some work in. Adding XP lamps takes away that and any sense of achievement. I feel if you can't grind out 8 none combat stats then you don't deserve it. 

16 hours ago, elmo said:

I'm not sure if the people who grinded for the cape would be cool with that :$

It's a pk server.

Not my fault they came to the wrong server to skill...