Sign in to follow this  
wigger

Current Inventory for the DH Tournaments Blow

3 Karams, 1 brew, is not sufficient combo food. For half the fight you're stuck spamming anglers over and over. Es no good. All feedback / criticism to this inventory setup is more than welcome. Whether it be constructive or just calling me a retard, please don't hesitate to leave it below <3 
I propose it be changed to something more similar to this:

iEuW.png

I believe the whole point of the design that David has created when making these inventory set-ups, was to make it more challenging for people to survive. If you're able to out-eat every single time your HP goes below 30 with a 3-way food combination, it takes this challenge away.

Therefore I'm not supportive of this inventory.

8 hours ago, hippolord said:

I kind of agree with Incredible W, but i would support adding 1 guthix rest tea (4) to the current inv setup. 

That I could support.

19 hours ago, Incredible W said:

I believe the whole point of the design that David has created when making these inventory set-ups, was to make it more challenging for people to survive. If you're able to out-eat every single time your HP goes below 30 with a 3-way food combination, it takes this challenge away.

Therefore I'm not supportive of this inventory.

So you'd prefer the best strategy to be sitting safe always having to eat and not get your hp below 40 without a high chance of dying, because you can't combo eat?

Who cares it it takes a bit longer? It's not like a human is sitting there making the match-ups, it's all automated. Tournaments should have the least amount of RNG possible, and favor skill IMO.

2 hours ago, rayp said:

So you'd prefer the best strategy to be sitting safe always having to eat and not get your hp below 40 without a high chance of dying, because you can't combo eat?

Who cares it it takes a bit longer? It's not like a human is sitting there making the match-ups, it's all automated. Tournaments should have the least amount of RNG possible, and favor skill IMO.

You're contradicting yourself when you're saying it should be about skill, because with less combo food it actually takes more skill to stay alive. You're supposed to be able to use your given resources well enough to know how to survive and when to eat what. If you do a 3 way combo eat everytime you eat, obviously you're not going to be able to maintain surviving because you're going to be through your combo food really quick. I've done a fair few melee based tournaments and I've never gotten to the point I didn't have enough combo food to eat if I'd be getting big hits on me.

And tournaments already have the most stable RNG currently, as the tournament RNG system works the same as ::cpvp. But both being exactly in the same gear and in full defensive bonuses, it's already clear it'll be a RNG fight where unfortunately most times whoever is lucky enough to get the biggest DPS wins.

42 minutes ago, Incredible W said:

You're contradicting yourself when you're saying it should be about skill, because with less combo food it actually takes more skill to stay alive. You're supposed to be able to use your given resources well enough to know how to survive and when to eat what. If you do a 3 way combo eat everytime you eat, obviously you're not going to be able to maintain surviving because you're going to be through your combo food really quick. I've done a fair few melee based tournaments and I've never gotten to the point I didn't have enough combo food to eat if I'd be getting big hits on me.

And tournaments already have the most stable RNG currently, as the tournament RNG system works the same as ::cpvp. But both being exactly in the same gear and in full defensive bonuses, it's already clear it'll be a RNG fight where unfortunately most times whoever is lucky enough to get the biggest DPS wins.

I think that the only real skill aspect in DHing is making your opponent get you low enough to kill them without chancing yourself in the process.

Not some gay eating methodology. We can disagree on that, since I doubt I can change your mind on that.

I had an idea for a DHing tournament with unlimited food potions, etc, but capping hp at 85.

Could put a 10 minute timer on fights and then just make whoever did the most DPS advance to the next round, which allows for many more k/o opportunities, but some will still inevitably result in just RNG dps or just RNG fat hits on bad risks.

4 hours ago, rayp said:

I think that the only real skill aspect in DHing is making your opponent get you low enough to kill them without chancing yourself in the process.

Not some gay eating methodology. We can disagree on that, since I doubt I can change your mind on that.

I had an idea for a DHing tournament with unlimited food potions, etc, but capping hp at 85.

Could put a 10 minute timer on fights and then just make whoever did the most DPS advance to the next round, which allows for many more k/o opportunities, but some will still inevitably result in just RNG dps or just RNG fat hits on bad risks.

That would make a single tournament last forever lol, nobody has time for that mate.

1 hour ago, Incredible W said:

That would make a single tournament last forever lol, nobody has time for that mate.

It would require a slight re-work of the system, wherein every time 2 people are waiting for a fight they instantly go into one vs each other.

If people want to leave they can, just die. For those of us that have time it'd be very fun.

Edited by rayp

I support this, this would make the dh tourney slightly less rng based therefore it's a good idea. I must disagree with Incredible W. I remember David saying in one of his first streams of the tourneys that he is open to suggestions for any changes on the tourney and he was fully aware that the setups weren't the best.