ChaosCore

Bots in RuneWild

What's up with the bots in edge wild? 

It's been a pretty damn long time since I logged in again, from the Rspspk days. When we didn't have people to fight at pures, for example, we'd wait anxiously. Now it's quite disappointing when I go back to that area and I see the same 3 bots just standing there....not even fun fighting them. This also skews the idea of how many people are on or in that area, which I get if that's the objective but once people find out, they're like 'meh'.

The bots are there so pures have something  to fight atleast, as David was aware of the lack in pures, he decided to add Pure bots.

Well he could label them as bots. What happens is players, like myself, assume they're real players only to find out after 3 fights or so that they've been fighting bots. It leaves people with the feeling of being cheated on, not to mention they're not that fun to pk either. People are joining the server to fight real players, not NPCs...

That's actually a valid point, after introducing 'Taco man, 'Mustranto' and 'Jack Ripper' I did notice a big increase in pure fighting and fights around that combat level. But I understand that when a player is fighting them without knowing they are bots and afterwards finding out about it, it feels like a low blow. I just hate anything that's visually 'custom' and ruins the feeling where I'd have to add a 'bot' label next to it's name, If it's something minor I wouldn't mind adding it but that still wouldn't fully declare that it's a bot to a player that's hovering them, such as an asteriks (*) behind it's name. I just think the [bot] label after or before it's name looks so custom.

On 09/03/2019 at 5:56 PM, David said:

That's actually a valid point, after introducing 'Taco man, 'Mustranto' and 'Jack Ripper' I did notice a big increase in pure fighting and fights around that combat level. But I understand that when a player is fighting them without knowing they are bots and afterwards finding out about it, it feels like a low blow. I just hate anything that's visually 'custom' and ruins the feeling where I'd have to add a 'bot' label next to it's name, If it's something minor I wouldn't mind adding it but that still wouldn't fully declare that it's a bot to a player that's hovering them, such as an asteriks (*) behind it's name. I just think the [bot] label after or before it's name looks so custom.

I think in a way the "KING" distinguishes them, and the fact they dont speak. But I understand some people wouldn't realise.