Sign in to follow this  
Tzkal Zuk

Theatre of Blood

1 hour ago, Tzkal Zuk said:

I see where it comes from keeping Sanguinesti in the Very rare table too, I mean neither would I like to see it crash like the other items. But my focus is more on the items that are already in the credit shop. Most of them are valued around 40-50% in Trade post compared to shop price. Ghrazi, Avernic and Ferocious being at 500 credits each (costs ~2.5B in scrolls). It wouldn't hurt to move those 1 table down as they are used for pking and have a stable economic price already. Only Ghrazi has met its downfall in economic price purely with the reason being that a tent whip is equal dps, only costs a few mill and has a spec bar which makes pre-speccing like 1 ticking into an ags much easier. Reason two is  that a Scythe is as easy to obtain due to its shop price while its not even a PvP item. Scythe is currently at 1k credits (costs ~5B in scrolls) while maintaining an economic price of 2.7B due to overflood. Avernic hilt is meant to be one of the most common items from ToB, and every single player needs one so there will always be demand for it, thus keeping its price stable wether its based on drop rate or buy-able from shop. Just like the Sang staff, Scythe should have never been obtainable via shop or mboxes because its known as one of the most extraordinary rare item and should have held a price of 10-15B. Same reason counts for Twisted bow aswell, there is an overflood of tbows ingame hence why its only valued around 700m rather than 10B while it's meant to be one of the rarest and most valueable item from CoX.

What I am basically trying to explain here is, this is a multi-functional server while having semi-spawn pk, realism and ironman modes. We need to find a balance in each of those game modes. There is basically no motivation to PvM as a money maker due to it being so unrewarding seeing current item prices.

ToB's purple chest rate is also on another level. Verzik requires quite alot of effort to take down, but a purple chest rate of around 1/75 is kinda demotivating. Moving certain items to different tables and tweaking the purple rate gives motivation for players to keep doing it, even if you see a justiciar piece, ghrazi or avernic hilt more often than a sang and scythe due to their rarity.

I'm uninformed on drop rates for ToB as I don't really PvM much, is it 1/75 for a specific item, or 1/75 for any item. If it's for specifics that's comparable to OSRS (1/9ish) but not sure.

9 hours ago, WHITE MONKEY said:

I'm uninformed on drop rates for ToB as I don't really PvM much, is it 1/75 for a specific item, or 1/75 for any item. If it's for specifics that's comparable to OSRS (1/9ish) but not sure.

From what I've heard its 1/75 for purp chest, but seeing as every single item is in the same "Very rare" table its most likely 1/75 for any random item. Specific item would be 1/675.

Edited by Tzkal Zuk

15 hours ago, Tzkal Zuk said:

From what I've heard its 1/75 for purp chest, but seeing as every single item is in the same "Very rare" table its most likely 1/75 for any random item. Specific item would be 1/675.

If that's true then damnnn.

1 hour ago, KingOfStakes said:

RuneWild should consider adding torva as a high end drop here.

We already have brother.

We need better drop rates in my opinion some things take way too long to get