Sign in to follow this  
Temporal

Runewild Automated HNS

I understand the enforcement that runewild puts against large giveaways because of nefarious actors in the scene, but I think the below suggestion could at least allow people to give to the community in fun ways without getting perma banned or having to be a well known youtuber.

HNS Bot (1 session = 3 games of HNS):

You can deter cheating by doing three things, firstly you can split up the prize pool randomly and spread it across 3 games of HNS, secondly by making sure that the same IP/Mac address can't win more than 1 of the three games, and finally you can make it so 20% of the reward gp is stored and will be put into the prize pool of the next HNS session for a different host, 1 HNS session per player, per day. I explain the logic behind it in the final paragraph.

The giveaway host will give the rewards over to a HNS bot, a server-wide announcement will be made letting everyone know that in 5 or so minutes a hide and seek event will take place. The host gets given flag marker items, these basically just mark the tile they're standing on so the game knows that's the hiding location, when a seeker enters a 10 tile radius of the marker, he receives the reward for that round.

From the point of view of someone trying to RWT, this would make it frustrating and not worth their time, the gold buyer won't know how much he would win even if he rigged one of the three hns games over a discord call, in theory they could win all three but changing your ip/mac address two times is annoying and just adds another layer of cancer to deal with if they tried that, also the seller will be losing 20% of the gold they put in so it just wouldn't make sense to use this system as a rwt mechanism, however the bot will add that 20% into the next session for a different host so all of the gold a player puts in will eventually be given away to the community, but this way it prevents any premeditated abuse of the HNS bot. To successfully RWT with this, someone would have to find three players willing to buy, trust them not to run away with the GP since you can't pay USD beforehand when the rewards are randomized, then also be okay with losing 20% of their gp. I don't think anyone would bother, and this way it wouldn't really hinder an honest giveaway host.

Just a thought after the recent events regarding a youtuber.