Sign in to follow this  
Mr Chad

Anti-begger measure at fp

I wanted to make a suggestion to require players to have atleast 100 mill in their inventory to enter the flower poker area. 

100 mill is almost nothing and it immediately solves being literally asked 10 different times by 10 different people “help me for ags please”. Because if they’re there, they can clearly afford the so called AGS they want to “pk and rebuild”.

I understand that it’s possible to ignore list them, but there are so many it’s like you’re constantly dismissing randoms on OSRS, only these are more persistent and keep following you around. 

Someone who does not have 100mill is exclusively there to harass other players actually trying to enjoy the game. It’s gotten to the point where I literally equip full rune with a nezzy at fp to have some peace. 

And its not that I am greedy or whatever, I give plenty of stuff away, just not to the beggers as it only encourages them to keep coming there. 

Edited by Mr Chad

or just make begging illegal or a limited time jail or something like 24 hrs or 48 hrs..

i agree with this, people just wait to see someone win a big Flower Poker bet and then beg that person for 100m to "rebuild" even tho they are gonna stake it 99.9% of the time, it's very annoying like you said it's like having to dismiss randoms on osrs and ruins our time. If you don't give people 100m when you are wearing 1b+ gear they insult you like you owe them the money personally it's something we shouldn''t have to deal with at all

7 hours ago, Tig said:

or just make begging illegal or a limited time jail or something like 24 hrs or 48 hrs..

Yeah would be even better but the thing is it's a ton of mod work, people can beg in dm, people beg as a joke to friends, ... it's not really feasible to make that a rule because of these things. or not something they will want to do anyway. So this the best alternative, if they weren't swarming in fp like mosquitos it would already be a massive difference. And probably get many of them to actually make their own gp and not beg again. 

2 hours ago, Another Main said:

i agree with this, people just wait to see someone win a big Flower Poker bet and then beg that person for 100m to "rebuild" even tho they are gonna stake it 99.9% of the time, it's very annoying like you said it's like having to dismiss randoms on osrs and ruins our time. If you don't give people 100m when you are wearing 1b+ gear they insult you like you owe them the money personally it's something we shouldn''t have to deal with at all

Exactly, it was already bad when I first joined but not at the level it is now. I would not be surprised if they're losing many potential players who see that as a first impression.