Sign in to follow this  
Vayne

Gamble Limit Alternative

I understand why you have the limits in place, however they can often be frustrating for some players. With this in mind perhaps it's worth considering an optional gamble ban. The would involve the player talking to an NPC or something who could disable that account and any other on the same IP gambling through the duel arena or dicing. The ban would not be permanent but rather last around 5-8 days. The ban can be resumed at the same NPC should the player want to. This would mean that if a player has built up a bank through gambling or other means, but are not confident in their ability to control themselves, they can ban themselves and enjoy the game with their wealth. It would also mean that if a player has a little bit of throwaway cash that they are not fussed over they can stake that without the limit getting in the way.

I'd appreciate opinions on this as aside from moderators I've not really seen much support for the current gamble limit system.

This would be a good system, although it would rely on people not wanting to then revert the decision to unlock their gambling abilities again.

I suppose if the only way to get the abilities back was to wait or to pay an extortionate fee then sure.