Sign in to follow this  
kegan

List of QoL and Growing Community suggestions

hi!  i started playing not very long ago but i have been playing rsps on and off for years as well as owned a couple myself.  these suggestions are just my thoughts on how to prepare for the rapidly growing community we are experiencing and to improve quality of life for all players.  feel free to provide your opinion and improvements to the ideas listed.

1:  skilling.  currently skilling is dreadfully slow which is ok, but there needs to be faster options avaliable for a risk, or some variety.  The idea is to involve the wild for more skilling, example; woodcutting in wild will be 1.5x or 2x xp rate, but you must risk "x" amount of bm in items or cash.  please provide input as to how much x is or it could be scaled.  1m bm 1.3x, xp 3m 1.5x, and 10m 2x xp.  This could apply to all skills in wild, fletching herb fishing wc mining smithing etc.  this would also make donor benefits more valuable as you can skill at edge ditch and just walk in and out, and do ::bank or loadout if it works.  This would also encourage wildy "roaming" as people could be woodcutting anywhere.

2: Bosses and slayer.  currently low lv slayer is pretty annoying its all green dragons and ents which is fine, but if more than 1 person is doing slayer you either have to wait or the rate slows down incredibly as there are very few of those monster in wild.  suggestion add more locations for wild slayer monster and make the locations be known instead of having to search for them and maybe diversify the main monster slayer tasks as axes are always packed too.  

2.1: boss slayer specifically.  You finally get 80 slayer and you get any wild boss slayer task, well now you have a problem because people are already camping those bosses who do not have them as a task.  corp also has this problem, someone just camping it with tbow safe spotting it.  it is really off-putting for those trying to train slayer due to their op gear vs your relatively new setup.  it is hard to come up with a solution to this as these bosses are not only 75% of your tasks but 75% of the eco's big ticket items.  There is only a few possible options i can come up with so please help me on this one. 

option 1: instanced slayer only wildy bosses, if you had that boss as a task you could tele into an instanced version of that bosses wildy area.  to combat the obvious problem of no pkers, add an option to the slayer master to randomly tp to someones instanced slayer task with a 10 minute cd, this way there still are pkers, but you also can not just be camped.  no targets here so emblems can not be abused

Option 1.1: instanced bosses for slayer, but bh targets can tele to you and your target auto changes every 5 minutes so you can not camp a edge pker and disable skipping targets.

option 2: add 2nd wildy boss locations maybe in a multi cave near mage bank?  fast to get to and multi for pkers and pvmers allows team pking at all bosses.  put bosses in cave at 33-35 wild so u still can escape

3: trading post.  add a option to view players shows individually, add recently added tap for sniping, make interface more user friendly currently options locations change see below,  add history tab for checking item prices see below.  add every item into the search option if item isnt for sale just have it say no offers instead of acting like the item does exist.

interface - main page: search item, search player, history, my sales.  then a back arrow on each to go back to main page.  currently interface seems kinda awkward.

history - history of item to see what is has been sold for and when

Added 6/3

4: Range in pvp.  Currently range with bolt rag hits through 300 range defence nonstop seems like range defence does not really do anything and void range never even hits on robes.

5: 30-150 kill streak achieve.  this achievement is cancer and kinda ruins the fun of the game.  say you are working on the 100/150 ks achievement, well you either are in a large team or lucky and you just roam looking for skillers and pvmers to prey on.   this is fine, but what happens when you half way through and want to pvm?  you can't because every boss is a wildy boss so you either have to only pk for a week straight camping pvmers and teaming or you sacerfice your killstreak to actually play the game and pvm or skill.  does not sound fun for either party to me.  i suggest leave the 30 ks as its doable in a day and add a 2nd achieve to help balance out the time it takes.  maybe like 200 wildy bosses killed?  callisto vene vet etc all those count towards the same achieve

will add more as i think about it just woke up.

Edited by kegan

I really like the idea of combining risk and reward when it comes to skilling. I've attained over 2 billion total experience over the past year or two on this current system and I can vouch that it is not the most rewarding.

However things such as this can take a backseat when it comes to a PK server, however, there have been improvements and I hope that this continues.

additions:

4: Range in pvp.  Currently range with bolt rag hits through 300 range defence nonstop seems like range defence does not really do anything and void range never even hits on robes.

5: 30-150 kill streak achieve.  this achievement is cancer and kinda ruins the fun of the game.  say you are working on the 100/150 ks achievement, well you either are in a large team or lucky and you just roam looking for skillers and pvmers to prey on.   this is fine, but what happens when you half way through and want to pvm?  you can't because every boss is a wildy boss so you either have to only pk for a week straight camping pvmers and teaming or you sacerfice your killstreak to actually play the game and pvm or skill.  does not sound fun for either party to me.  i suggest leave the 30 ks as its doable in a day and add a 2nd achieve to help balance out the time it takes.  maybe like 200 wildy bosses killed?  callisto vene vet etc all those count towards the same achieve

57 minutes ago, kegan said:

Strongly support. Even with just a 30 ks I feel like the majority of bossing, slayer tasks and other achievements are just out of the question for me atm and it kinda eats away at my motivation. With the server messages and scoreboard I feel as if getting a 100+ ks is enough of a reward in it self to the people who choose to go for it

5 minutes ago, Magimeechy said:

Strongly support. Even with just a 30 ks I feel like the majority of bossing, slayer tasks and other achievements are just out of the question for me atm and it kinda eats away at my motivation. With the server messages and scoreboard I feel as if getting a 100+ ks is enough of a reward in it self to the people who choose to go for it

i was going for 30 ks today then died at elders to 3 man tb team during chest cause i got bored and wanted to play the game lol

I like the idea of adding more slayer locations and the risk system for skilling. The killstreak achievement should be reduced to 30 as 150 is rather annoying. As for the trading post it should be improved.

Support.

1. I agree there needs  to be some variety with skilling, although I believe that if someone wants to max out, they will regardless of the current methods.

2. This may not currently be the case based on the player base we have at the minute. It takes about 4-5 takes before you get slayer tasks that require a slayer level, which I personally think is perfectly fine.

2.1. I agree that some bosses are more popular than others, and if you have a slayer task, you'll be less inclined to wait for someone to finish their trip/session at a boss. But because it's the wilderness, there's nothing wrong with you trying to pk them. If instanced slayer/bosses were added it would completely take away most of the deep wilderness pking we currently have, and keep in mind it's a pk server.

3.  I'm with you on this one, the trading post needs a re-work interface wise.

4. Bolt raggers have always been op, even on 07. It may need a look at but personally I think it's how it's supposed to be.

5. Long term achievements are you know, long term - they shouldn't be able to complete it with little to no effort. Each long term achievement has 3 tiers, each being doubled from the tier below it. This means that we cannot simply just remove the other 2 tiers and have only 30 killstreak as the final tier, otherwise we'd have to change the whole algorithm. Yes of course we can decrease the lowest tiers to like 5-10 kills > 10-20 kills > 20-40 kills, but wheres the challenge in that?

We appreciate everyone's suggestions, and don't take what I say as being too harsh. I like to be open minded, but I'm hard to please when it comes to suggestions :D