Lumin

Couple Suggestions

Firstly, this topic will cause a lot of heat so feel free to comment but respect each other's opinions.

Donations - In the first week people including myself dislike the fact people can donate and own the eco within the first hour of the server going live. Some of us either don't have the money or think its avoiding the aspect of a server reset in the first place. It's not that we don't appreciate the donations, we'd just prefer the first week for everyone to have a chance to get items for themselves before people in max camp them and make it that much harder for them to progress. As well as this, it takes away the little achievement of being the first person to get a certain item from an NPC, if someone can just open boxes and get a collection of them.

Taxes - Most server's have the Lottery in-game and it's a fun way of gambling your money. Although, there should be a tax percentage taken away from the total prize fund. Say a variety of people put in a sum of lets say, 500m. The total prize fund for the winning user, will only receive 400m of that total, resulting in a 20% tax. As well as this, I think the Trading Post should also require a tax cost when selling an item. For example, if you were to sell an Armadyl Godsword for 50m. Once someone purchased that item, you would only receive 47.5m, resulting in a 5% tax.

Blacklisting - I believe regular players should have a few more than just 2 spots on their Blacklist. People who cant afford to donate or purchase their rank with in-game currency, shouldn't have to repeatedly clear their blacklist to make a spot for someone who rags them for 10 minutes. It's not the end of the world but it makes a difference, specially when there's a group of people doing it to the same person and no staff are available.

I’ll take them all into consideration, i’m also planning on closing the duel arena for atleast a week on launch. I’ll be working on a lottery system after the final test of Mage Bank event today.

I don't like many of these. Doesn't matter when people donate to own eco, it's going to happen either way. Let them spend their money. Many people join a fresh eco server just to donate and be the richest. It's a great way to bring in money plus get the eco going. I say if anything lower prices for certain things for the first week (and I don't even donate.) As for the lottery I like the idea, but without the tax, why bother taxing?  Taxing should be implemented As the eco gets larger in order to keep coin prices from crashing and to clean out the eco. As for the trade post tax this is a huge no from me, all it's going to do is cause everyone to spam in edgeville; espcially since the eco is fresh no one is going to want to take the time to sell things by saying sale 24/7, but they also won't want to put in the tp because of the tax. This is how hoarding begins, with no simple way to sell things for the correct price. People will just throw items in for more than they are worth. For the the blacklist, I think nornal players should have unlmited spots, and donors as well. Nothing is more annoying than raggers, and with to a fresh eco tons of need for poorer people will be attacking anyone with a risk in hopes to make a quick buck. 

Good to see people making suggestions though, keep em' up. 

~Durial

Edited by trashcat

I’m sure we’ve had a tax on the trade post before now, and it ended up being removed again. But I definitely like the idea of more money sinks being implemented into the game. However the blacklisting issue should stay as it is. We need to have some sort of reason for people to donate, which we are currently slacking with at the moment. As of ragging, all ragging reports get taken care of pretty much straight away. Ragging is not, and will not be tolerated.

9 minutes ago, trashcat said:

I don't like many of these. Doesn't matter when people donate to own eco, it's going to happen either way. Let them spend their money. Many people join a fresh eco server just to donate and be the richest. It's a great way to bring in money plus get the eco going. I say if anything lower prices for certain things for the first week (and I don't even donate.) As for the lottery I like the idea, but without the tax, why bother taxing?  Taxing should be implemented As the eco gets larger in order to keep coin prices from crashing and to clean out the eco. As for the trade post tax this is a huge no from me, all it's going to do is cause everyone to spam in edgeville; espcially since the eco is fresh no one is going to want to take the time to sell things by saying sale 24/7, but they also won't want to put in the tp because of the tax. This is how hoarding begins, with no simple way to sell things for the correct price. People will just throw items in for more than they are worth. For the the blacklist, I think nornal players should have unlmited spots, and donors as well. Nothing is more annoying than raggers, and with to a fresh eco tons of need for poorer people will be attacking anyone with a risk in hopes to make a quick buck. 

Good to see people making suggestions though, keep em' up. 

I was thinking more along the lines of implementing the tax system to stall the eco crash rather than tax when it's already packed with money. I do agree with your trading post points, although some people may not want to spend time sat advertising a sale at home, they want to get back to their grind + and there is already a rule about spamming so it shouldn't effect other users a great deal if this rule is followed.

5 minutes ago, B said:

I was thinking more along the lines of implementing the tax system to stall the eco crash rather than tax when it's already packed with money. I do agree with your trading post points, although some people may not want to spend time sat advertising a sale at home, they want to get back to their grind + and there is already a rule about spamming so it shouldn't effect other users a great deal if this rule is followed.

I don't mind the taxation idea, just I believe it can be implemented in a different way. Coin shops for rares, titles, ability to purchase cosmetic boxes or pet's; or something along the lines of these. The more I think about the better I believe it is for the lottery system, easy cash dump, and people won't notice it. It's not that I think they will be spamming so it's annoying, it's just more of a hassle to sell and buy. Reminds me of selling items outside Varrock West bank and fally park. Just leads to hoarding and merching imo. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by trashcat

suggestions are good, but i think we should steer away from gambling and staking and risking, a Money dump is a great suggestion, maybe just a different way, idk maybe its just me cause i dont gamble/stake :')

2 minutes ago, Jadakiss said:

suggestions are good, but i think we should steer away from gambling and staking and risking, a Money dump is a great suggestion, maybe just a different way, idk maybe its just me cause i dont gamble/stake :')

I agree, at least for a while. Peope are always going to risk right and gamble. I say raise gambler rank price from 500m to 1b or 750m And disable fuel for at least a week

Edited by trashcat

1 minute ago, trashcat said:

I don't mind the taxation idea, just I believe it can be implemented in a different way. Coin shops for rares, titles, ability to purchase cosmetic boxes or let's or something along the lines of these. The more I think about the better I believe it is for the lottery system, easy cash dump, and people won't notice it. It's not that I think they will be spamming so it's annoying, it's just more of a hassle to sell and buy. Reminds me of selling items outside Varrock West bank and fally park. Just leads to hoarding and merching imo. Thanks for the feedback.

Implementing coin shops for various things would be a great idea, it would make cosmetics/fashionscape worth collecting and buying. and I completely relate to your point about the trading post, just a few ideas I conjured up :) Appreciate the feedback though!

2 minutes ago, B said:

Implementing coin shops for various things would be a great idea, it would make cosmetics/fashionscape worth collecting and buying. and I completely relate to your point about the trading post, just a few ideas I conjured up :) Appreciate the feedback though!

yes! like clue casket crates that unlock all the fasionscape stuff make em like 5m or 10m ea with decent rewards and a chance at a rare 3a phat something like that