Sign in to follow this  
redsaber222

different gear for newcomers?

I would love this idea but as a server owner in the past I know that players will find a way to abuse it and make news accounts to cheat, this will cause the eco to fuck up and cause the server population to decrease because players have billions from abusing a simple logging in and trading 

there is a way around it being abused, have it 1 per ip address and if using multi-ip logging then instantly banning that person. obviously if there is a plausible reason for them using say 1 other ip address then and explained properly with said decent reason then fair enough but by logging the ip's used if about 4 or more other ip's are used simply ban the accounts, why not run a test to see how it goes and if it's successful then carry it on, if not then return to previous starters. just an idea maybe give it some thought?  

1 set a day to newcomers, might put in extra 50 sets a day.

Getting a dh set or brrows set takes like 15 minutes pvming

I say no.

It all comes down to whether they know how to PK. If they can, the gear you give them at the start doesn't matter, however if everyone who joined was giving a dharok sets, there would be way more negatives than positives in regards to the eco. 

The bad new pkers will still die, and would just release another dh set into the eco.

On 26-6-2018 at 10:15 PM, Stealth64 said:

I would love this idea but as a server owner in the past I know that players will find a way to abuse it and make news accounts to cheat, this will cause the eco to fuck up and cause the server population to decrease because players have billions from abusing a simple logging in and trading 

This pretty much sums it up, there are ways to evade the 1 starter per computer system which will result in abusers over time. I can monitor it but it's not worth the reward, as of now we already have lots of systems which reward the newcomers for some simple tasks such as activating your email (5M), voting once (dragon defender) or voting in general (2M). That's already atleast 7M which is a dharok's set per day.

Okay but can there be an introduction to rewards upon ks milestones such as 10, 20, 30, etc. no all the time but upon reaching that ks amount the potential to receive a bonus reward? it might also increase people pk'ing at wildy. I know you get normal mbox's but it's an additional idea, i don't think it's a bad idea tbh.

Maybe add some dialog for new players about activating email for 5m bm and direct them to tp and use dh as an example of how to use it.  Solves both problems no new sets in game but new players also get hand fed a dh set if they want.  This will also stimulate the dh eco by just making new players aware how the tp works.