Sign in to follow this  
elmo

Bring back the wilderness heatmap (rspspk edition)

On 9/20/2018 at 10:54 AM, elmo said:

For starters people go to active pvm spots regardless of the heatmap or not it would just make it quicker to check without physically walking to these spots (such as vetion or battle mages).
Secondly what do you mean by normal pking gets affected by farcasting and teleblocking? Isn’t this happening regardless even without of the heatmap? It seems from my perspective that you have a problem with the way the combat works and or people that use mage. And to be fair the way you describe people who use mage kind of confirms my theory.

The way I see the heatmap working is to get straight into the action when u log into runewild without having to check every spot in the wilderness to find out where people are hanging out. This may not affect people that enjoy veng pking or pure pking since they mostly hang around edge all the time. However, for people that like nhing or pking in a team finding people can sometimes get very tedious and especially when the player base gets below 100 players which occurs regularly during the day.

The reason this might also be interesting would be to make people visit the forum more often. This may lead to more active users on the forums when people look through the topics. The gap between active users in game and people on the forums is rather big and any bit can help in my opinion.

If youre only looking to fight nhers or teams then it would be much better to have an option that turns off being detected on the heatmap.

Like it or not, the whole farcasting, "nhing" thing is not everyones cup of tea and it creates a toxic community. Making it easier for people to go around and farcast helpless players in the wildy is the farthest thing from the right thing to do for a server to grow, its one way to kill the wildy anyway, if you want an example for that, check out whats happening on OSRS; so many toxic & hated teams going around and ganging up on everyone on the wildy deterring anyone from going to the wildy anymore.

While yes, its still happening, but at least people that just wanna go kill say green dragons can actually have a chance without being targeted down by people that are constantly looking for others to NH or farcast.

On 20/09/2018 at 12:12 PM, G said:

This idea was nice but previously on rspspk pretty sure it was only available too respected donar + which would be the equivalent too master + donar now 

It was the homepage of the website. It was available to everyone..

Edited by G

19 minutes ago, YA BOY EDGAH said:

It was the homepage of the website. It was available to everyone..

yeah, but it eventually got updated is what I was trying to emphasise 

3 hours ago, G said:

yeah, but it eventually got updated is what I was trying to emphasise 

I'm not trying to argue, but it never got "updated" to a donator perk. It just got removed entirely. I'm only stressing this because it shouldn't be donator perk. 

On 20-9-2018 at 5:04 PM, kikeslayer89 said:

yeah also put their risk right next to them and also give everyone ::teleto (coordinates) ccommand broo. every boss is in wilddy yall r bunch of shitters, this wouldnt make sense at all.

calm your tits randy