David

The current state of RuneWild

Reset & Revise the Economy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Reset & Revise the Economy?

• Yes
    • No

2b8 pk is right.  I dont think a reset will bring many players back. Just a revise will sort it out. Your only going to get the same issue in the future. Will the answer be to reset everytime? 

2 hours ago, 2B8 PK said:

Hmm hell no? Whats the point? We can have the economy like this + new updates / new players like the updates shouldnt let us have a reset except if its a failed server. A server that dont fail doesnt make eco resets +

If we do eco reset
1. Wont be unfair to donors.
2. Wont be unfair for the time we did put into this server.
3. Most current rich players will quit, new players will come.

If we dont do eco reset:
1. Will be fair for the donors & all current players
2. More people will join as eco now isnt really fucked
3. New players will like to see others have some gp too not all the eco cleaned they will just quit like before if eco was empty.

***SO... having eco reset have more DISADVANTAGES and less ADVANTAGES so we should definitely keep eco like this without eco reset***

Amen. Half the people who said yes dont even play much anymore or got cleaned. All the hard work grinding. For what.... for nothing. Your 100 percent corrert. 

2 hours ago, AdamEu said:

My personal opinion, to reset everything. The updates that will follow, the new players that WILL join. A fresh start is 100% what RuneWild needs, to see the player base boom the way it should.

Bro I'm not tryna bash u but that's easier said than done.

Like I've donated to this 1 server probably a hundred dollars, not because i needed the money but it was to support.

If I or others can't have recognition as supporters without having to keep donating everytime there's sloppy updates and management what's the point in donating lol, I and others can make pixels easy.

If there is an Eco reset, it needs to be immediate. Because all you're doing now is making the current playerbase uninterested. These are common sense business plans if you want this take off. Restart eco immediately, and don't be scared to fork over cash for promotions with people in the runescape community who have a large platform. Weather it be a youtuber or a rsps list site. That with occasional giveaways and events will build and sustain a player base. That's literally all it takes to keep a solid player count on a good server (with active higher ranked staff members). Tom did the absolute minimum with advertising. Come on has no one taken a marketing class before? 

2 hours ago, Wtf Dennis said:

If there is an Eco reset, it needs to be immediate. Because all you're doing now is making the current playerbase uninterested. These are common sense business plans if you want this take off. Restart eco immediately, and don't be scared to fork over cash for promotions with people in the runescape community who have a large platform. Weather it be a youtuber or a rsps list site. That with occasional giveaways and events will build and sustain a player base. That's literally all it takes to keep a solid player count on a good server (with active higher ranked staff members). Tom did the absolute minimum with advertising. Come on has no one taken a marketing class before? 

It's hard to tell whether or not this is meant to be taken serious, you come off as an absolute idiot and well over half of what you're saying is false and a very stupid way to think about things. You've clearly never dealt with RSPS' in any professional way shape or form since if you had you'd know that pushing updates upon the loyal playerbase without their consent/without informing them is the number 1 way to lose players instantly. As for buying promotions/youtubers etc. I highly doubt he'd restart a server and just hope it'd pay off. Obviously he's going to buy advertisements lol, use your head and think. And what you're saying about "giveaways" there's a tournament every bloody hour which is basically a giveaway? What more can you possibly want lol. You clearly HAVEN'T taken a marketing class before because if you had you'd realise how thickheaded half of your "input" is. 

Don't bother responding if you're going to try and defend your statement since it's ludicrous.  Everyone can see you're not very bright so I don't hold it against you, just use your head in the future.

I’ve seen players commenting about all the prior (Runewild) effort they put in the server, and that the only people that are voting yes is due to having no banks. That has nothing to do with this, people who think that way are opinionated. If you look at the current state right now nobody would join this neglected server, nor with active updates. pretty sure there are still people out there with 10b+ banks, it will never be active again due to Runewild’s bad assessment, and horrible deficient prior player count. Therefore I chose to have a new commence, since the server is better off with a new name, new website, better methods of money making (easier hopefully) since it is a server based on PVP, and as lastly not to forget active updates.

New commence all the way is the most topmost option, if you want to succeed again. Success does not come without hardships, you will suffer, and you will have rough times. But eventually will there be a reward.

It’s all  about logical thinking. Whether you guys want a server with 200+ where it is actually worth grinding on. Or server with 35+ players maximum where everybody is afk, up to you guys. I Prefer 200+. Onwards vast amount of the donator ranks should be given back should be the least that you could do and, that could incentive the server in bringing old players back that donated to Runewild.

Edited by Ian

2 hours ago, Off said:

It's hard to tell whether or not this is meant to be taken serious, you come off as an absolute idiot and well over half of what you're saying is false and a very stupid way to think about things. You've clearly never dealt with RSPS' in any professional way shape or form since if you had you'd know that pushing updates upon the loyal playerbase without their consent/without informing them is the number 1 way to lose players instantly. As for buying promotions/youtubers etc. I highly doubt he'd restart a server and just hope it'd pay off. Obviously he's going to buy advertisements lol, use your head and think. And what you're saying about "giveaways" there's a tournament every bloody hour which is basically a giveaway? What more can you possibly want lol. You clearly HAVEN'T taken a marketing class before because if you had you'd realise how thickheaded half of your "input" is. 

Don't bother responding if you're going to try and defend your statement since it's ludicrous.  Everyone can see you're not very bright so I don't hold it against you, just use your head in the future.

Instead of trying to insult me, maybe you should try posting factual claims next time instead of your uneducated bull shit. If you knew anything you would know at leaat 75% of revenue/funds goes into advertising. If you fail to advertise your product/business will never take off. Advertising is at LEAST the most important thing you can do. Come on, its really not that difficult to understand. And as for bringing updates without informing rhe server, this isn't a new content update. And eco reset should not be thrown aroubd as a common fix to economoc problems, if you're going to do it, it needs to be swift and quiet. With a small notice such as this post. If you drag it out, it lowers the reliability of the server. It shouldn't be done in the forst place unless it gets royaly fucked because of a dupe or something. It's not a good look fpr the server what so ever. And as for giveaways, I'm talking about publicly promoted giveaways. Things that the owner himself gets involved with.what server doesn't have tournaments in 2018? So again, it basically comes down to advertisement. If you're scared to invest and don't believe it will go anywhere, then david may aswell shut the server down now. If you think any of the top servers out right now hasn't spewed out tons of money in advertising, then you're very thick. If it's so "obvious" then why did Tom do a fuckall job of advertising it the first 2 weeks, then basically not at all after that? You literally commented that my post was right and obvious aside from the eco reset part, but went on to call me an idiot for stating the obvious which wasn't followed threw the first time around.

Edited by Wtf Dennis

1 hour ago, Wtf Dennis said:

Instead of trying to insult me, maybe you should try posting factual claims next time instead of your uneducated bull shit. If you knew anything you would know at leaat 75% of revenue/funds goes into advertising. If you fail to advertise your product/business will never take off. Advertising is at LEAST the most important thing you can do. Come on, its really not that difficult to understand. And as for bringing updates without informing rhe server, this isn't a new content update. And eco reset should not be thrown aroubd as a common fix to economoc problems, if you're going to do it, it needs to be swift and quiet. With a small notice such as this post. If you drag it out, it lowers the reliability of the server. It shouldn't be done in the forst place unless it gets royaly fucked because of a dupe or something. It's not a good look fpr the server what so ever. And as for giveaways, I'm talking about publicly promoted giveaways. Things that the owner himself gets involved with.what server doesn't have tournaments in 2018? So again, it basically comes down to advertisement. If you're scared to invest and don't believe it will go anywhere, then david may aswell shut the server down now. If you think any of the top servers out right now hasn't spewed out tons of money in advertising, then you're very thick. If it's so "obvious" then why did Tom do a fuckall job of advertising it the first 2 weeks, then basically not at all after that? You literally commented that my post was right and obvious aside from the eco reset part, but went on to call me an idiot for stating the obvious which wasn't followed threw the first time around.

https://prnt.sc/j3ip76 Just gonna leave this here since I get the idea you don't speak English very well I'll explain what it means to you as well:

It means David wouldn't re-open a server without investing money into it since he never has in the past, if you were to actually READ the post you'd see your post was just a useless addition to the post you responded to. As for giveaways I don't know what you're hoping on, surely you can't expect an owner to give out an Elysian Spirit shield the day after re-release now can you? If the eco is semi-unstable/fresh and an Owner starts adding items into that it'd just upset the balance even more, that being said giving ANY money out shortly after release would totally kill another players motivation to grind since they'd see someone else get money for free. Imagine a scenario where you grind for 2 hours to afford a Bandos set and then someone else wins one from a giveaway, would you still feel as accomplished as before? I know I wouldn't. 

33 minutes ago, Chris said:

https://prnt.sc/j3ip76 Just gonna leave this here since I get the idea you don't speak English very well I'll explain what it means to you as well:

It means David wouldn't re-open a server without investing money into it since he never has in the past, if you were to actually READ the post you'd see your post was just a useless addition to the post you responded to. As for giveaways I don't know what you're hoping on, surely you can't expect an owner to give out an Elysian Spirit shield the day after re-release now can you? If the eco is semi-unstable/fresh and an Owner starts adding items into that it'd just upset the balance even more, that being said giving ANY money out shortly after release would totally kill another players motivation to grind since they'd see someone else get money for free. Imagine a scenario where you grind for 2 hours to afford a Bandos set and then someone else wins one from a giveaway, would you still feel as accomplished as before? I know I wouldn't. 

And all I was doing is explaining how important that is. Since you and Tom clearly didn't grasp it your first time around with your 20 average player count. If you knew anything about keeping a server alive, this post wouldn't exist. So you should probably just not comment. And David is considering these changes because the wealth is too much of a grind as it is. So I would think giveaways would fall into the easier obtained wealth category. If you're going to attack a particular section of my comment, then at least have your reply reflect the intentions of the post the OWNER made. Because that's what I'm responding to.

Edited by Wtf Dennis