David

The current state of RuneWild

Reset & Revise the Economy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Reset & Revise the Economy?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Q10 said:

Well I am currently rank 1 on the highscores with 589m xp. I would not mind a reset if too see the new updates that are to come and possibly bring a lot of new players. 

VOTED YES

i voted yes but when submitted it registered as no for some reason... i wouldnt mind maxing again. i just cant speak for everybody is the point i was trying to make

David,

Thank you for your undivided attention. I, along with many other daily players, are pumping this topic on the server for feedback at the moment. 

It wouldn't hurt too bad to give the whole economy a reset, as many players with rares, 3rd age, eco holders etc. don't frequently play. Hundreds of millions are staked back and forth every day and it seems like there's always a few players with 10b+ and the rest seem to struggle to buy their untradables for >10m. Although it is a PK-based spawn server, I do suggest more initiative for those who max (other than a max cape). Whether it be, making gathering skills such as fishing, woodcutting etc worth the time for the players in regards to sell back prices in the skill shop. So if banks have to be wiped, so be it. However please do try to keep the rest of our character files in tact (stats wise) :D

Additionally, I see a revamped Runewild thriving off a simple revision of existing reward systems, to create initiative for new players to explore the entirety of your server. Perhaps more cosmetics/gear in the slayer shop, to encourage PVM/Bossing & so that items that are not stocked in shops (zenyte jewelry, etc) can become more prevalent in the economy. In addition, said incentive for players to grind slayer tasks and wilderness bosses, I could see a rise in our player base by giving a new touch to the voting rewards, whatever it may be.

I do try my best to log in every day and check how the economy is and who's still regularly on. On average we're sitting at about 15-30 players.. hope to see that back up to 150! This announcement I hope helps retain those of us who still are around and helps draw more from voting sites, as simple as it is to yell "don't forget to ::vote".

Thanks for your time,

Apollo 

I don't mind a reset. I do think that i should keep my donator rank and anyone else who donated. Or some sort of compensation.

This reset will be a good thing for the server. With a re-set and all the updates that will be happening I can assure you all runewild will become a great active server.

No Vote<

A whole complete wipe of the economy is pointless since we will eventually get back to this situation that we are currently in if it takes 3 months or one year. Im all for the benefit and promotion of making this a great game for people to play but to attract new players on a new wipe cause certain people have $ more then others who dont stake gamble is a complete waste. I would reccomend if eco wipe gunna happen that you at least keep players skilling stats who max out skills as alot of people (me) included who worked hours/days to achieve a max cape and on highscores.

Idk about economy reset but I'm all for the idea of redoing the marketing plan. Just imagine tournies on twitch or vods on youtube shoutcasted by a trio of me, Imam, and Kalvin. Would easily attract more players with that dream team on the mic

With previous experience from other private servers, full eco resets don't typically turn out great in terms of keeping the players that you have. If people feel the server can be reset simply because you run into an issue, like not being able to sustain a suitable player base, they're not going to want to put hours into a game that can potentially erase it all as needed. If you're worried about it being to hard for typical players to build cash for untradeables, a simple solution could make 1/50 bh kills (of someone you haven't killed for a 1/50 drop in 24 hours) a small item of value. Like claws/Ags/ballista/serp/Tsotd/Torture. Perhaps make Arcane/Spectral/Ely/Tbow/Elder Maul/Infernal like a 1/200-250 bh kill. That should add a lot of hype into pking and make it simpler for new players to engage in unspawnable content. Unfortunately, I also see that causing people to be less inspired to donate. You would have to look into higher tier items or cosmetics, to only be obtainable by donating, or needing a donator rank to wield some things. Perhaps like infernal would take at least donor rank to wield. But if you are certain on the server needing a reset, I would reassure your players that it will not happen again. And would definitely at least let donors keep their ranks as a minimum to your current player base. And I'm not saying that simply because I have a donor status, along with allowing people to keep their stats. I really could care less. It's just common courtesy for people who have been donating and actively supporting the server even when you haven't had the strongest player base.

Edited by Wtf Dennis

missclicked on the vote... Eco reset would be good for the server, but as @Maxed said i'd not reset the maxed skill total people. Good to hear from you David